How to connect DS Lite with mac airport

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by toukie, Sep 19, 2012.

1. toukie macrumors newbie

Hello, I've been trying to figure out how to connect DS Lite with mac airport. I noticed many topics about it but I never really got the proper way to do it. I followed every single one of them, but no luck for me.
    Okay, so I know how to do the 'Internet Sharing' part, and also the terminal/network utility part, but not sure about the DNS (although, I heard and been trying to put the same thing as the gateway numbers).
    All in all I got this as a result:

IP: (Originally I got 10.0.2.1, but I put:) 10.0.2.2 but it didn't work, so I also tried 10.0.2.11
    Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
    Gateway: 10.0.2.1
    Primary DNS: 10.0.2.1
    Secondary DNS: 10.0.2.1
    But of course, I got an error 52100.

So if anyone figured out a way to this and can help me out, thank you so much!!

2. chibiterasu macrumors 6502

chibiterasu

This isn't really the right place on this forum to ask this question.

But what security are you using on your airport because the dslite will only connect to wep not wpa or wpa2. If I go online with my ds lite which I hardly ever do do I turn off all security on my netgear router but then I live in a private road so not many other houses about.

3. toukie thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong section, I'm really new here and I need help on this. I apologize.

And I have WPA. I'm sure DS Lite is able to connect to WPA via MAC airport, but I just don't know the trick to it.

My problem is kind of similar to this:
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=222213

But I checked the answers, and none helped. If anyone has figured out a way to do this, please let me know and explain to me. Thank you!