Shakedown St.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2017
I am having diffculty connecting my ethernet connection to my iPad and iPhone, it's not detecting a signal only that I have it plugged in under settings.

Last edited:

bhodinut

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2013
I'm guessing they're using the Lighting USB Camera kit. I've used that to connect my iPad to an ethernet connection. Not sure if that works with an iPhone.

Harvey Specter

macrumors regular
Aug 29, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Probably much easier for you to get a small WiFi module that will let you plug in the Ethernet. I use those when I travel and hotels provide only Ethernet and make you pay for WiFi

Shakedown St.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2017
No the Op is using a Lightning to RJ45 Ethernet LAN Wired Network Adapter. OP, did you check your TCP/IP settings on your connection?

Dave

I am using the latest USB 3.0 Apple camera adapter indeed, along with an Apple branded ethernet to USB adapter.

What is odd, IOS asked me to update the adapter firmware and ever since then it has stopped working.

What exactly should I be checking for under my IP settings, I do have Verizon Fios I should say.

dimzen

macrumors regular
Nov 11, 2011
Denmark
I just tried with my USB 3.0 Apple camera kit + Apple USB to ethernet.
I wanted me to updated the Camera kit, after updating it still worked for me.
I see a ethernet just under Wi-Fi in settings.

If I had to guess, I would say the updated didn't work for you, so you have a dead Apple camera kit adaptor :(

Reactions: Shakedown St.

Shakedown St.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2017
I just tried with my USB 3.0 Apple camera kit + Apple USB to ethernet.
I wanted me to updated the Camera kit, after updating it still worked for me.
I see a ethernet just under Wi-Fi in settings.

If I had to guess, I would say the updated didn't work for you, so you have a dead Apple camera kit adaptor :(

That could very well be the case, or my firewall.

It's detecting that I have ethernet plugged in, it just won't automatically find an IP and does not want to save when I type in what is required.

Last edited:

Shakedown St.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2017
37954693444_e8aba9229e_z.jpg

Shakedown St.

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 6, 2017
I started replacing each cable one by one, problem solved!

It was a faulty Apple ethernet to USB adapter, nothing wrong in software Dimzare got it right.

Just reporting on it now, just arrived in the mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.