How to connect MBA to TV HDMI

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Dominio, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Dominio macrumors newbie

So I'm getting a MBA and one of the main uses of it for me would be streaming and renting videos.
    I'd like to hook it up to my main TV via HDMI, but the MBA doesn't have an HDMI port so how/what do I need to make the connection?

2. B... macrumors 68000

B...

Mini DP to HDMI female and a Male to Male HDMI cord. Audio and sound.

3. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I use this HDMI/Thunderbolt cable from Monoprice to connect my MBA to my TV. Works perfectly for me.

4. mj1108 macrumors 6502a

I got this one from Amazon for my 2011 Air. Worked great. Hoping it will work fine with my 2013 Air.

5. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

I'm a little confused by the reviews there - does this cable carry audio on the latest MacBook Airs or not?

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

For a bit more, you could get an Apple TV and then stream content from the MBA over AirPlay.

7. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

I haven't used it on the new one yet as I am waiting for the back to school promotion to start, but the audio did work on my 2012 MBA. So I'd assume it should still work on the 2013 model.

8. sk3tch macrumors regular

Apple TV is due for an update at any moment - not really worth the purchase at this point. I ditched mine around Christmas. I'm surprised it has taken this long!

Worth it to just buy a $5-$20 cable for these types of scenarios.