Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

br00tulz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
Basically I have a PS3 (silm, if that matters), and a Time Capsule connected to my router via ethernet , and Im using the TC as the network, called "PamaJama". Basically it connects fine when I connect via ethernet, but when I try to use it wirelessly, "PamaJama" doesent show up. And When I go to put it in manually, it doesnt ask for a name... I know the password is a WPA2 Personal, and that doesent come up as a catagorie either. If I where to change the password to a WEP, would it show up? If yes, how do i do that? and if no, do you know what I have to do to get it to connect wirelesly? I can always just leave it connected via ethernet but I would love for it to connect wirelessly so i could play it up in my room. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)
******EDIT******
The PS3 is ***connected via ethernet to my **actual router**, not the TC, sorry for not clearing that up.

MacDanielG

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2008
FLA
I had the same problem, you have to mess with the type of signal/network. I can't remember exactly which one the PS3 won't recognize (probably "N") but just change it around and it will work just fine.

br00tulz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
I had the same problem, you have to mess with the type of signal/network. I can't remember exactly which one the PS3 won't recognize (probably "N") but just change it around and it will work just fine.

Do you mind elaborating on this? Like how I do it? And when I do, will my network name "PamaJama" just show up?

br00tulz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 28, 2008
I got so fed up, I just disconnected the TC, and I'm going to sell it on ebay or something, damn thing never worked right anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.