How to connect PS3 to Time Capsule wirlessly?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by br00tulz, Sep 28, 2009.

1. br00tulz macrumors newbie

Basically I have a PS3 (silm, if that matters), and a Time Capsule connected to my router via ethernet , and Im using the TC as the network, called "PamaJama". Basically it connects fine when I connect via ethernet, but when I try to use it wirelessly, "PamaJama" doesent show up. And When I go to put it in manually, it doesnt ask for a name... I know the password is a WPA2 Personal, and that doesent come up as a catagorie either. If I where to change the password to a WEP, would it show up? If yes, how do i do that? and if no, do you know what I have to do to get it to connect wirelesly? I can always just leave it connected via ethernet but I would love for it to connect wirelessly so i could play it up in my room. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help! :)
    ******EDIT******
    The PS3 is ***connected via ethernet to my **actual router**, not the TC, sorry for not clearing that up.

2. MacDanielG macrumors member

I had the same problem, you have to mess with the type of signal/network. I can't remember exactly which one the PS3 won't recognize (probably "N") but just change it around and it will work just fine.

3. br00tulz thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you mind elaborating on this? Like how I do it? And when I do, will my network name "PamaJama" just show up?

4. br00tulz thread starter macrumors newbie

5. skorpien macrumors 68020

Is your network 802.11n/b/g mixed or 802.11n only?

6. br00tulz thread starter macrumors newbie

I got so fed up, I just disconnected the TC, and I'm going to sell it on ebay or something, damn thing never worked right anyway.