How to connect to a SQL Server?

Koreos

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 4, 2008
Hello everyone,

For my final project in my Java class, we have to code a program that will access a SQL database. That is fine with me, but I was wondering if there's any kind of SQL database browser client for the mac. With that, I mean something that will ask me the server's address, user and password and let me see the database's tables and structures.

Thank you.

kgeier82

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2008
Hello everyone,

For my final project in my Java class, we have to code a program that will access a SQL database. That is fine with me, but I was wondering if there's any kind of SQL database browser client for the mac. With that, I mean something that will ask me the server's address, user and password and let me see the database's tables and structures.

Thank you.
I use sybase. You can also use terminal to connect to a oracle database, and go from there.

How to do this, its been a while, I dont remember. Should start you somewhere.
Of course, you need a database to connect to...something the professor should provide.

Comment

jc1350

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2008
I use Navicat Lite (www.navicat.com). It's a great program and legally free for home/student use.

They have an all-in-one for MySQL, Oracle, and Postgre SQL or you can use one dedicated to the type of DB you use (smaller install I guess is the benefit).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.