How to connect to school's email server?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by johnnyham89, Jul 25, 2009.

1. johnnyham89 macrumors newbie

Ive been trying to connect to my school's email server so I can get updates from them. At first it says cant connect using ssl do you want to try without and I click yes. Next it says the IMAP verification failed? I dont know what im doing wrong. I think it might be for what im putting in host name for both outgoing and incoming mail server. Heres the site for the email if it helps ocs.hbu.edu . Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh and its username@hbu.edu Thanks

2. johnnyham89 thread starter macrumors newbie

Do I need to give more information or something? Because ive seen posts like this before where users have gotten help.

3. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Pretty ballsy posting your email/username.
    If you can connect with a computer outside the school network, then set up your email account EXACTLY the same way on the iPhone. If you have never set up a computer to retrieve your email, contact the school's system administrator for the precise settings.

PS is your school a POP account - if so you will need to set it up that way, not via IMAP settings.

4. boast macrumors 65816

boast

yeah, I'd edit that out.

What does Connection Doctor say? (from the show detail part)