How to connect to sinology DiskStation

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking' started by dpriest, Nov 3, 2015.

1. dpriest macrumors member

I have a MacBook Pro that I just did a format and clean install upgrading from Yosemite to El Capitan. I forgot how to connect to the Diskstation icon that is in my sidebar under Shared. The way it was before allowed me to access my synology drive and the two external hard drives connected to the Diskstation simply by clicking on the Diskstation icon in the sidebar. It remembered this so every time after powering down and booting back up.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

When You log into the Synology and mount it then drag it to the right side of the Dock. Then when you sign out and sign back in you can just click on the icon now to connect to the external NAS. Also for restarts to can just add the NAS to your login items.

3. dpriest thread starter macrumors member

Sorry if this is a very basic question, but how do i log into and mount the sinology drive?

4. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

Real Easy. Open System Preferences->Users, your account, login items tab, + sign and add the mounted drive!

5. hobowankenobi macrumors regular

And remember that it is automatically passing credentials (user name and password) every time, for the account that exists on the NAS.