How to connect two monitors to my macbook pro.

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by bki122689, Dec 29, 2009.

1. bki122689 macrumors 6502

bki122689

Hey guys.
    I do a lot of editing in Final Cut Pro and I was wondering what is the best way to connect two monitors to my Macbook pro (Intel early 2008 non-unibody).

How could I make each monitor it's individual monitor and not just stretch it to two.

Ultimately, I would like to work with three monitors, two externals and the LCD monitor thats on the MCP.

2. Bennieboy© macrumors 65816

Bennieboy©

to the best of my knowledge, you cant, the MBP only allows for 1 more monitor, not two, if you really want this, you're prolly best off looking for a desktop machine, a G5 or Mac pro with 2 or more graphic cards will happily run 2 or more monitors ;)

3. ziggyonice macrumors 68020

ziggyonice

Pretty much the only way to do this is to get a converter box that will enable this. I'm not sure how well they work or how much they cost, but they're the only way to do what you're looking for.

Here's one of the more popular brands that a lot of people look at.

4. RobertD63 macrumors 6502

I really dont recommend doing this, why not just get a display that will push a large resolution and is fairly large?

5. MattBaker macrumors member

6. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

I thought at first that this was a passive device, but it indicates that it uses a DDR memory (presumably within the device). Would be interesting to see what performance it offers.

Thanks for the link!

7. bki122689 thread starter macrumors 6502

bki122689

That device looks awesome.
    I guess it would not be wise to hook up two monitor to my MBP especially since I wanted it for Final cut pro.