Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bki122689

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
Hey guys.
I do a lot of editing in Final Cut Pro and I was wondering what is the best way to connect two monitors to my Macbook pro (Intel early 2008 non-unibody).

How could I make each monitor it's individual monitor and not just stretch it to two.

Ultimately, I would like to work with three monitors, two externals and the LCD monitor thats on the MCP.

Bennieboy©

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
england
to the best of my knowledge, you cant, the MBP only allows for 1 more monitor, not two, if you really want this, you're prolly best off looking for a desktop machine, a G5 or Mac pro with 2 or more graphic cards will happily run 2 or more monitors ;)

RobertD63

macrumors 6502
Feb 17, 2008
A place
I really dont recommend doing this, why not just get a display that will push a large resolution and is fairly large?

bki122689

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
This gadget might help. It lets you hook a monitor onto a USB port.

http://www.newertech.com/products/viddu2dvia.php

I thought at first that this was a passive device, but it indicates that it uses a DDR memory (presumably within the device). Would be interesting to see what performance it offers.

Thanks for the link!

That device looks awesome.
I guess it would not be wise to hook up two monitor to my MBP especially since I wanted it for Final cut pro.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.