How to contact apple about warranty?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ZebraineZ, Dec 24, 2009.

1. ZebraineZ macrumors 6502

How or in what way can I contact apple to ask about the warranty on my macbook because I do not have a receipt and it was bought on Jun 2nd so I want to know if my warranty is still valid without a receipt for repairs or support via email/phone which is what I am asking right now.

It seems as though you only get like 3 months or something of phone support, yet the thing is I need to ask them about the phone support which probably expired already...err.

They have no email for these type of things sadly, and I can't go to an apple store for the time being and if anything happens to my computer I want it to be covered, whatever I am able to have covered.

If I were to buy apple care right now, may I use that apple care (which extends my warranty for 2 years) additional support without a receipt if something were to go wrong?

I don't want any guesses please.

2. umiwangu macrumors 6502

Go here - https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do - and enter your serial number. That will tell you exactly how much time you have left.

As for needing a receipt, I can't say for certain, but I think you just need the Apple Care registration card (which will come to you by mail).

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're within the first year of purchasing your Mac, no receipt is needed. Receipts are generally needed for situations outside the first year of purchase of your Mac. As it stands right now, you do not have any telephone support but still have hardware support. If you decide to purchase AppleCare (which you still are eligible to do so) then you will have phone and telephone support up until June 2012.