Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rohit.appdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
Apple store does not allow responding to reviews.
A user wrote a review on one of our paid app listing various issues. Now we have released an updated version fixing all issues but have no way to let the user know this.

Looking forward to inputs from members regarding what best can be done for such cases. Thanks.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
I typically go through all support email to see if a user who's left a less than positive review bothered to email first. That way we can let them know the issue has been addressed and ask for an updated review.

Sometimes you can find a user based on his/her user name and just Googling the name. Otherwise, iTunes is not as dev friendly as Google Play, where you can directly respond to a reviewer.

diesel

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2007
Why not write a blurb in the app description in the what's new section as to the specific issues addressed in your latest update so any potential buyers who have read a specific negative review will see that you've directly fixed the issues

rohit.appdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
thanks, will keep this in mind for next submission. we were using more generic 'bug fixes' type message.
I wonder how many users read text in what's new section but no harm in trying.

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
A developer once emailed me to tell my the review I left him was "wrong", despite it being an opinion

rohit.appdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
A developer once emailed me to tell my the review I left him was "wrong", despite it being an opinion

stating review is 'wrong' is another matter :) but the fact that developer was able to reach you purely by your username (by google search i guess) is the key here

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Aug 14, 2010
stating review is 'wrong' is another matter :) but the fact that developer was able to reach you purely by your username (by google search i guess) is the key here

Yes, but that's a tactic best used under careful consideration. Stalking a user across the internet to email them and tell them off like a naughty child should be v frowned on.

AlliFlowers

macrumors 601
Jan 1, 2011
L.A. (Lower Alabama)
Yes, but that's a tactic best used under careful consideration. Stalking a user across the internet to email them and tell them off like a naughty child should be v frowned on.

We don't stalk them to tell them off. We find them so we can help them better use the app and fix their problems. (And then get them to update their reviews.)

rohit.appdev

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2012
We don't stalk them to tell them off. We find them so we can help them better use the app and fix their problems. (And then get them to update their reviews.)

i wonder if apple would ever allow responding to reviews in easy manner so we don't have to do all this extra work

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.