Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
I have a 2010 MBP 15" I5, and it has those two graphics cards. I just want to keep it with the Integrated card because when it switches the laptop sometimes crashes. Is there a way to stay with just the integrated card. I use that app that's supposed to do what I want but it still switches. Any help?

yjchua95

macrumors 604
Apr 23, 2011
GVA, KUL, MEL (current), ZQN
I have a 2010 MBP 15" I5, and it has those two graphics cards. I just want to keep it with the Integrated card because when it switches the laptop sometimes crashes. Is there a way to stay with just the integrated card. I use that app that's supposed to do what I want but it still switches. Any help?
First, stop posting titles in caps. This isn't the first time you've done so.

There is a bug with gfxcardstatus - you have to select Integrated Only twice before it actually forces into the iGPU only. Keep selecting and checking back until a tick mark appears next to Integrated Only.

RUGGLES99

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 9, 2015
While I have the latest version of gfx, and always make sure its checked, or ticked as you put it, but it still switches. I have to check around and see if there is another software option to keep it in one place always.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
If it crashes when you switch, that could mean a dying GPU. I'd get it checked out by apple, as they have extended warranty on that part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.