How to control the iphone through your macbook...

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jonjamesm, Sep 13, 2009.

1. jonjamesm macrumors regular

jonjamesm

Hey guys -

the top half of my iphone is dead. unresponsive. Ka-put. This makes me sad - It still has some use, I can send and recieve texts, scroll through the contacts and make calls. I thought this would be fine untill I recieved an upgrade.

The thing is I need to check my voicemail and with numbers 1 - 6 being on the top half of the screen I cant do so...

Is there an app or hack that I can use to link my macbook to it? On my old HTC I used to be able to drag my mouse pointer over and click away on the phones screen.

Any help would be much appreciated.

2. macdim macrumors 6502

They might replace it for you. Take it to the Genius Bar. They have been known to replace way-out-of-warranty phones because of dead screens.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1827

"... please schedule a service appointment with an Apple Retail Store for evaluation, even if your iPhone is out of warranty."

Good luck.

3. jonjamesm thread starter macrumors regular

jonjamesm

second hand, 2g iPhone out of warrenty and unlocked on orange uk? :(

4. macdim macrumors 6502

Try it. Show them that page on Apple's site. Take your SIM card out before you go. And re-lock/un-jailbreak the phone.