How to convert Blu-Ray m2ts files on MAC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SexPistol, Mar 17, 2010.

1. SexPistol macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

I know it has been talked a lot about RIPPING and CONVERTING Blu Ray DVDs. Without a doubt Windows Users have a lot more apps to choose from - as always. Well, as I looked thru dozens of forums and tried out a lot - I still have no answer to my problem.

I want to use m2ts - video files from Blu Ray Disks, that I copied onto a harddrive and convert them into 1920x1080 px MOV files - so that I can work with them later on. My interest is not to work with a 1to1 mkv-version of the whole film and sound and subtitles. I just want to convert the copied file to work with it in a video editing program.

Some Apps seem not to offer 1920x1080 output file size.

Is this possible without an complete Blu Ray Rip with Tools such as Pavtube etc? And can one only convert from an Original BD Disk?

My System is a MACBOOK PRO 10.5.8 // 2.2 GHZ Intel DUO// 2GB Ram

Thanks a lot

2. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Sure, this is easy. If the disc is encrypted, you need MakeMKV to rip it. Then you pass that through Handbrake and encode the video as MPEG-4 (not h.264). Open this file in MPEG Streamclip and export it in a compatible file format, such as DV. You should then be able to open it in Final Cut.

I'd stay away from Pavtube. It's really not that great. It crashes often and cannot handle DD or DTS audio.