How To Convert .mov files to .wmv files

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by lokibrehm, Mar 18, 2009.

1. lokibrehm macrumors newbie

I am working on a small web video that's going out to GQ magazine's website and unfortunately the fools only put up .wmv files!!! We in the middle of a mac revolution and they still use .wmv.

I need a quick, painless and free way of converting my .mov files to .wmv.

I dont want to use flip4mac because it is not free to convert, and I already own MPEG Streamclip and I can't seem to make it convert .mov to .wmv. I also own handbrake and I was able to convert it to WMV9 but other computers cant read the files, and neither can my own.

HEEEELLLLP!!!!

the deadline is tomorrow noontime!

thanks,

Loki:eek:

2. D-Simpsons-Head macrumors newbie

Deadline?

You could play around with a free converter and get unknown results or you can buy Flip4Mac and make your deadline. The Web Developer for GQ has probably run into this before. Can they convert it for you?

3. lokibrehm thread starter macrumors newbie

interesting

that is an interesting suggestion, the GQ editor one. I'll see to it. The flip4mac one is not so much, since we are in the middle of a credit crunch, and considering this isnt a large production company I try to cut costs as best I can. wouldn't you?

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

The only solution I was able to find was just to bite the $50 bullet and get Flip4Mac. My mom's company is all PC based and she needed some .mov and .mp4 files converted to .wmv for their company online newsletter and I needed something right then and there that worked.

5. D-Simpsons-Head macrumors newbie

Depends

That depends on your clients. GQ sounds like a good client that could bring you a lot of work. Flip4Mac is a one time, cheap, investment. If you feel you can ask them to convert this without them looking down on you then go ahead. If you get the feeling they feel this is a big inconvenience then you could have lost a client. Flip4Mac is a no brainer then.

6. lokibrehm thread starter macrumors newbie

hmmm...

I suppose you are right again....but im absolutely positive there is another way of doing this, using another program other than flip4mac.