How to copy contacts and calendar from iphone to mac

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jordygreen, Dec 28, 2010.

1. jordygreen macrumors 6502

jordygreen

I recently got a new macbook pro and had my iphone synced with my old iMac.
    I erased the HDD or the iMac and installed new snow leopard on it and gave to my dad. I now have my contacts and calendar details still on my iPhone, but how am I able to transfer that onto my new macbook pro and be able to sync with it.

I'm completely stumped. I read around about an option to merge but it looks like on the newest iTunes I don't have the option for a merge feature.

Any help would very muchly apprecaited!

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I'm bumping this because I have been googling and doing everything that I think is right but its not working. What i want is this: all new contacts and calendar events added on my iphone 4 to sync to my imac automatically during backups and then to sync from imac to ipad2. I have everything set up the way its supposed to be but the new events do not show on my imac and then, of course, not on my ipad. Any tips or hints or anyone else have this problem? Thank you.

3. kimando macrumors newbie

OP. Get a google account and them sync your address book and iCal to google, then set up the same account as an exchange account on both your iPhone and your iPad. Then everything will sync all together pushing the most recent activities or contacts to all devices. MobileMe offers the same thing.

Second poster: I think it should work even though you haven't synced them before. They should not be deleted from your iPhone. If they are, make sure you keep a backup of your iPhone data in iTunes. Other than that, maybe set up google like the op and use it like this.

http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138744