iPad How to copy contacts from iphone to iPad

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by LoMayoKicksU, Jul 19, 2012.

1. LoMayoKicksU macrumors member

LoMayoKicksU

iPhone 3gs 4.3.2 and iPad 2 wifi 5.1.1 are both jailbroken.

I have a Package Backup(PKGBackup) on my 3gs. I run it and I already sync it with iTunes.

iPad is also synced with iTunes(Latest version).

Is there a way to copy all the contacts of iPhone to the iPad? Just the simplest way to do it if somebody knows it. I can get the apps needed to do it if it is necessary.

I am very confused with all these syncing and how to use it.

Please help.

Thank you.

2. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Enable iCloud, it will sync between the 2 over the Internet.

3. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

iCloud only works on 5+ iOS

In iTunes go to info tab and enable contact sync for both devices. Contacts will be synced to your computer, connecting either will sync the iDevice to the computer

4. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

just do it through a gmail account. :) not sure if you can do it through your phone under the mail settings of a gmail account on ios 4.3+ but on 5+ you can. If you can on your 4.3

i use to use http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/sync-in-a-blink/id290171875?mt=8
    sync a blink before they started including gmail syncing in the mail app, and now i just use icloud. It is not free :/ buttttt there are couple of free ones on the app store. Just search "sync contacts with google"

5. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

Didn't notice the firmware version, thanks.

6. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Yes you can.
    The only drawback in general with GMail is that (and this is a shocker from Google, being the "Lord" of unlimited disk space giving) your profile pictures will be saved as a 10x10 picture, perfect for putting on your wrist clock or your Nokia 1100 :roll eyes:

I think the best solution would be to use some contact app that uses something else than gmail to do this (there are lots of free ones).

If on Mac, a sync via iTunes with the Contacts Mac app would be killer, if on Windows a sync with Outlook or Windows Contacts (not sure if the latter works) would also work just fine.

To the OP, just make sure (and IF you use this feature) to check your contact pictures on whatever is the receiving app for the sync (app on iPhone, Contacts on Mac, Outlook on Windows) to see if they did not have any kind of degradation (like GMail does).