Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
UK
Hi,

I'm trying to build in a helper command line tool into app bundle. I have a separate target in xcode which builds this tool to Debug/Release directory. I also set up a dependency from a main gui app to this new target and I can see that it is being build when i build the main app. I tried adding copy files build phase to the build of main app and set its destination to executables dir.
The problem is that i can't find how can i define another target as a source file of the copy phase. How can I specify this file? Drag it from somewhere? It doesn't appear in the Detail pane along with source and resource files when I choose any of targets.
I found a recipe on this forum and it describes the whole process same way as I did it till the last part where you need to drag the command tool to the copy phase. :)

The other question is should i change the installation directory specified on build targets (to /Home/user/Application and /usr/local/bin) to something else so it won't install it accidentally.

`lowell`

macrumors newbie
Aug 20, 2009
San Diego
The other question is should i change the installation directory specified on build targets (to /Home/user/Application and /usr/local/bin) to something else so it won't install it accidentally.

Hit command-0 and go to your Targets. Double click the target you want to edit.

QFaBa.png

Change the highlighted line to whatever location you want.

04SrC.png

Repeat as needed for other targets.

aliher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 25, 2009
UK
Hit command-0 and go to your Targets. Double click the target you want to edit.

The question was more like: at what stage this destination is actually used and what could be the reason to change them.
My command line tool is not supposed to be used outside of the main app and installing it anywhere than the app bundle doesn't make much sense. Still it is not clear if i should change installation path and where it should be redirected in my case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.