Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I installed some applications like Adobe Elements and other apps on user 1 but user 2 also use it and I do not want to reinstall everything again. How do I copy what I installed on User 1 to user 2 [mom and daughter]

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I installed some applications like Adobe Elements and other apps on user 1 but user 2 also use it and I do not want to reinstall everything again. How do I copy what I installed on User 1 to user 2 [mom and daughter]
Usually when you install apps, they are available to all users. Have you tried logging in as the other users and launching the apps?

Nov 28, 2010
located
Since applications are for all users, you can use an application with all users, unless you changed the install location from Macintosh HD / Applications / to Macintosh HD / Users / user1 / .
Is that the case, that you changed the install location?

Or am I understanding you wrong, that you only want to copy the preferences/settings of user1 for that application to user2?

pectin232

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 22, 2008
I thought that when installing the softwares it will be available to all. It is not. As my wife log in what was installed for the kid is not showing. In Win7 I know how but in Lion I am lost. Advise?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I thought that when installing the softwares it will be available to all. It is not. As my wife log in what was installed for the kid is not showing. In Win7 I know how but in Lion I am lost. Advise?
Look in the /Applications folder while logged in on the other accounts.

Nov 28, 2010
located

Then in addition to Mister GGJstudios' hint, when in your child's account, and the application is running, right click on the Dock icon of that application and select "Show in Finder" and then tell us its location (you may have to enable Path Bar*).

Finder_PathBar.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.