Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
I've tried google, I've tried mroogle and searched the forums....

Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

I go into my camera roll....I've tried both methods....holding down on the video icon itself and then press copy, go back into mail and hold down and press paste....nothing shows up.

I've also tried hitting the arrow in the bottom left corner, select the video then select copy, go back into mail and select paste....nothing comes up either.

What's the scoop fruitloop?

Thanks in advance guys and gals!

aprofetto

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Hmm, strange, I don't think you can copy and paste videos?

I just tried, I opened camera roll, clicked on the share button, clicked the video, clicked copy at the bottom.

Then I opened up mail, tried to paste it in an email and it didn't show. My guess is it won't work?

Also, maybe it has something to do with the size of the video?

PhightinPhils26

macrumors 6502a
Sep 12, 2007
Philly
What are you trying to accomplish? Inserting the video in the email using the Share>Email Video method seems to accomplish what you want done... Copy and pasting seems like it would take longer.

darngooddesign

macrumors P6
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Doesn't mean it shouldn't be available on WiFi though!

+1 for using your noggin.

If it were AT&T it would manifest in size a limit not a quantity limit.

Its easy to blame ATT when any carrier loaded down by heavy data users would feel the heat.

Not to mention, just like MMS, it would be available in other countries.

fuzion11

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 24, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Thanks for the responses people.

I wanted to paste videos in email because I was told that way the video does not get compressed.....possible???

TMar

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2008
Ky
It more then likely has to do with the size of the video. With the share option the video is compressed when email. Use copy and paste with photos sends the full sized photo unlike the resized shared. I would assume apple thought about this and blocked it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.