How to create a bootable CD/DVD from a DMG?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by m021478, Nov 21, 2008.

1. m021478 macrumors 6502

I am trying to figure out what the best way is to create a bootable DVD frm a DMG file?

Upon first purchasing Leopard 10.5 way back when it came out, I decided to back up the disk on my computer by creating a Disk Image. Turns out it was a good move because now that I need the disc, it seems to have picked up a big scratch on it's surface, and it simply refuses to mount at this point...

I can use either Toast or Disk Utility to accomplish this task (or the terminal if absolutely necessary, but I would really prefer using one of the GUIs I've just mentioned). I was hoping someone would be gracious enough to provide me with instructions on what would be the best way to create a bootable DVD from this DMG file...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!

2. TH-Gunner macrumors regular

I made a backup of my OSX install disk, and it doesn't seem to like to boot from the copied disk. It just refuses to boot or do anything, so I have to hold down the mouse button for 1 minute to get the DVD to eject (or else it will just go into an infinite nothing cycle.)

I can boot from an external HDD, however. I used Carbon Copy Cloner to copy the DVD to the HDD.