Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
On the menu I want the following links:

PLAY | CHAPTERS | SUBTITLES | MAIN

On the Chapters section, I want to have clickable Text, or graphic headings to represent the 10 chapters of my movie.

On the Subtitles, I would like a dropdown option for "English" and "Off"

I don't have DVD Studio Pro, but can this be done Final Cut X or any other program?

Thanks!

Dave Braine

macrumors 68040
Mar 19, 2008
Warrington, UK
can this be done Final Cut X
You may well be able to set Chapter markers in FCX, you certainly can in iMovie, and they should show up in the dvd menu, but the main dvd menu will have to be done in whatever app you are using to burn the dvd.

treehorn

macrumors 6502
Aug 21, 2007
You could do this in IDVD or if you want more power in your editing capabilities, Adobe Encore

dumbland

macrumors newbie
Jan 26, 2009
Compatibility should be just fine.

I usually run my video through the Compressor presets (90min Best Quality) which produces separate video and audio files, and take those into Encore. No further transcoding necessary.

Encore works well if you also have Photoshop since you can build up your menus using PS layers, as seen here.

macaddict23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 20, 2006
MacVille, USA
Compatibility should be just fine.

I usually run my video through the Compressor presets (90min Best Quality) which produces separate video and audio files, and take those into Encore. No further transcoding necessary.

Encore works well if you also have Photoshop since you can build up your menus using PS layers, as seen here.

Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.