How To Create A Free Itunes Account

andy071202

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
this tutorial will allow users to create a free itunes without the use of a credit card.
you will stil have to pay for apps and music etc..

its basically a way to sign up without registering a credit card

i searched the forum to see if there was a tutorial of any sort but i could not find one

1. open itunes
2. click on app store
3. goto free apps section
4. click on free under any app
5. it will now prompt you for login
6. click on create account
7. enter your info email and password etc..
8. it will now ask you for a credit card
9. click on NONE
10. enter your bill address info
11. now click next
12. at you validate (goto your email that you entered)
13. click on link
14. SIGN IN AND THATS IT SIMPLE ;)

bella92108

macrumors 68000
Mar 1, 2006
I'm surprised he didn't post a thread about how to sign up for MacRumors without a credit card.

andy071202

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
Some people like myself, don't have a credit card to link an account to.
I've known about this since like 2007 when I made my iTunes account, but some people haven't.
Exactly I did not know about this I was using my mates account

and if you goto create account without going to app store iTunes does not give you the option to select NONE
I can see from every ones reaction that this is not a good thread but I disagree as it does help people to understand on how to do this
and as some people don't like giving out credit card details this is a valid and working way for them to do it
and as for post counts etc..
I could not give a toss about them
people who comment and there comment is pointless is the ones trying to get there post count up or whatever
simples :)
if people don't have a nice thing to say about a working tutorial then should not say anything
you are all merely saying what previous people are saying so what's the point
also I will not ask for it to be removed as it is a Valid tutorial
and some people are not aware of this
like myself I was not aware of this

Thomasba58

macrumors member
May 26, 2010
London, England
Exactly I did not know about this I was using my mates account

and if you goto create account without going to app store iTunes does not give you the option to select NONE
I can see from every ones reaction that this is not a good thread but I disagree as it does help people to understand on how to do this
and as some people don't like giving out credit card details this is a valid and working way for them to do it
and as for post counts etc..
I could not give a toss about them
people who comment and there comment is pointless is the ones trying to get there post count up or whatever
simples :)
if people don't have a nice thing to say about a working tutorial then should not say anything
you are all merely saying what previous people are saying so what's the point
also I will not ask for it to be removed as it is a Valid tutorial
and some people are not aware of this
like myself I was not aware of this[/QUOTE

Ignore them they've got nothing better to do than moan about posting something they already know. If they're so good why are they reading it in the first place. I didn't need your information as I do have a Credit Card but I'm sure there are plenty out there who don;t so more power to you.

Trakis

macrumors member
Jun 24, 2010
Every now and them, amongst all these redundant threads, it's nice to have one that is so far our there that's it's painfully funny and stupid. Sometimes, over the top can work here. Good thread OP... good thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.