How to create a music video like this?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by vintres, Mar 8, 2013.

1. vintres macrumors newbie

How can I create a video like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-eeOoyB-Ps

where the musician is in sync all the time even though I am changing picture (so hard to explain what I mean, please look at the video).

I am wondering how to a) do the video editing so that music is in sync and b) how to get the music perhaps as a seperate track or how to deal with it?

2. treatment macrumors member

All right...
    I watched the video...

I don't see what "effect" you are talking about!
    The video has zero effects!

Maybe you are a beginner and asking "How do I make a standard music video?"

Trying to help out here...
    A video like this is easy.
    You record the entire performance of him sitting by the window. He either lip syncs to it (most likely) or, the camera is recording the actual performance.
    Then, with the audio locked down, you shoot other stuff, and drag it into the timeline.

???

3. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

When shooting different angles at the same time, in fcp x use synchronize clips to sync them and then you can cut between angles manually. Make sure to break apart clip items after getting your synchronized clip and dragging it into the time line.

4. daybreak macrumors 6502a

Vintres may i ask you a question?, what editing software are you using?, and what experience you have of editing knowledge?.
    I know what you wish to do and it very easy if you know how. If you never have done this sort of editing you need to do a basic music video to get the knack of editing these sorts of projects.:rolleyes:

5. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

You want to look at track editing.

You will have a basic track synced at the bottom and then over the top you can cut in your cut aways to your other shots.

Very easy to do once you have your footage.