How to Create a Network.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by hishat, Oct 19, 2007.

1. hishat macrumors regular

hishat

hi guys, iv searched forums and none have really answered my question, i am lookin 2 connect my macbook and computer together. ( so i can access files on my pc through my macbook) my pc has 1TB of space and many songs. however, i dont know how to. iv tried to in the past to reach a dead end..would be appreciated if someone could post me a hyperlink of a thread or go through step by step what i have to do to get my mac to access my PC.

PC running windows vista
    Mac: Mac OS X (Tiger10.4.10)

Thanks in Advance Guys

2. Queso macrumors G4

Now luckily thanks to edesignuk there's a Wiki guide on how to do this here. Enjoy! :)

3. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

im having difficulties sharing on a Windows Vista! i can access my mac thru Windows...but cant access my windows thru mac? :S the wikipedia page shows a XP setup...i tried 2 work along the lines...all went well til i tried to connect to ma PC thru ma MAC

????

4. JimmyDThing macrumors regular

Are these question marks in response to you having Vista?

Why do you have Vista? Get rid of it, it blows.

5. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

LOL. i know it does...but brother wants the 'Latest' operating system. iv got my mac so i dont care....but can any1 help me?? i click on connect to network...put in my PC's ip address...then the name of the folder i got on shared...but it doesnt wanna connect :-S

6. WildPalms macrumors 6502a

WildPalms

LOL! ...but very, very true ;)

By the way hishat (what does your name mean? pooing from a height?..nm), do you have Simple File Sharing enabled in Vista?

7. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

By the way hishat (what does your name mean? pooing from a height?..nm), do you have Simple File Sharing enabled in Vista?[/QUOTE]

i have it enabled in my networks...and everything is set! i dont know why i cant access the folder? :S

8. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

9. antdgar macrumors member

I had to restart the windows machine after I set up the network. I don't know what your problem is..

10. hishat thread starter macrumors regular

hishat

hmmmmmmmmmm....the problem is with the mac's connection with the PC...i will restart. but i doubt it will work...cheers anyway ;)