How to create a social network in xcode?

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by 8220347, Jun 1, 2013.

1. 8220347 macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new to xcode, but know other programing languages. I am wondering how you could send data to someone elses username. For example, When you post something on facebook, it sends to all your friends. How is it possible to do this? Please help me.

2. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

The first thing you should do is understand the difference between an IDE (which Xcode is) and a programming language (like Objective-C, Java, C, etc.)

3. ArtOfWarfare macrumors 604

ArtOfWarfare

4. chown33 macrumors 604

What are those programming languages? You've given no information at all on your background, experience, skills, or abilities.

Are you asking how to design a build a data-sharing system? If so, there are two main steps:

First, you design the server software that logs in users, accepts posts, and distributes the data. Then you design the client software that runs on the devices you want to support. This two-step process is an idealized version, because in reality both would happen concurrently. A longer explanation would take pages and pages of explanation, description, design, and code. Enough to fill a book. Are you really asking someone to write a book for you that explains how to do this? Or did you really think your question can be answered without writing a book?

Maybe you're asking a more specific question like "How does the data received from one user get shared or sent to other users?" If that's your question, the answer is that someone (a person or group) wrote the software to do that. There isn't a single all-powerful "ShareWithFriends" component sitting on the server. Someone broke down the problem into solvable parts, then solved each part.

http://cocoadev.com/wiki/BreakItDown

http://www.mikeash.com/getting_answers.html