How to create a Video CD in Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by VypeR, May 17, 2007.

1. VypeR macrumors newbie

I have a few, .DAT files that I had extracted from a VCD a few days back. Now I want to make it a VCD (even DVD would work) so I can play on my VCD / DVD player at home. Is there any way of doing this in Mac? (I am sure there is, but do I have to download any program?).

2. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

The only way I was ever able to do this was with Toast 7, which will cost you some money. Other than that I don't really know of any other way. I only burned one VCD with it, and it came out decent, but I'm not sure it was worth the $75 I paid for it at the time.

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

4. VypeR thread starter macrumors newbie

Eidorian, I'd love to do that, but now I don't have the original disc! :( it's difficult to get it back, I have to do this by tomorrow, as it has some medical info on it. But anyway thanks for the replies guys! Much appriciated. I think I'll just have to go Toast's way, $75 huh? hmmm...

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

I thought you didn't have the disc. Try Burn first before spending money on Toast.

6. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I paid $75 for Toast 7 about a year ago, and the new (Toast 8) version costs $80...I don't know if I would recommend buying this for what you want to accomplish.

7. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Toast is good but well expensive...

You can try Visual Hub and see if it'll work on the .dat file.

8. VypeR thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you JadeKitty and Eidorian for the help.

Specially Eidorian, I tried Visual Hub and even the trial version did the trick (made a DVD instead), but from next time onwards, I think I'll use "burn" and do what u said the first time, but for now, visual hub worked perfectly fine.

Thanks once again! Much appreciated!