How to create an Exchange contact in iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Thor774, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Thor774 macrumors regular

Thor774

I use iCloud for my personal contacts and we have Exchange at the company and that is what I use for my work contacts.
    Both contact lists live together on the Contacts app but I have not found a way to CREATE a contact on Exchange from the Contacts app. I can modify an Exchange contact but I don't find the way to tell the app to save a new contact on Exchange instead of iCloud.

My default account for contacts is iCloud and maybe if I change it to Exchange I could achieve this, but I don't want to change my default account for contacts just to add one or two contactas to Exchange, something I don't do very often.

The Calendar app does not have this problem, you get clearly the choice of which calendar an event should be saved in on the creating new event screen.

Any help is appreciated.

2. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I know you can change your default contacts account in the "Mail, Contacts, and Calendars" setting section, but that changes is for all future created contacts until you change it back.

3. Thor774 thread starter macrumors regular

Thor774

Exactly. I am trying to avoid changing the default account every time I want to change an Exchange contact. A field with the different contact repositories like the one you get when creating a calendar event would have resolved this but it does not exist in the new contact screen of the Contacts app.

4. KeepCalmPeople, Mar 17, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2015

KeepCalmPeople macrumors 65816

KeepCalmPeople

Use the OWA for iPhone app to create your Exchange contacts. With the configuration you have, they will show up in your iPhone contacts.

5. Blackforge macrumors 6502

Change the contacts view to just your Exchange contacts folder then create a new contact.

6. Thor774 thread starter macrumors regular

Thor774

Brilliant, that does it!
    Thanks a lot.