How to create backup of EVERYTHING on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSE, Nov 23, 2016.

1. TSE macrumors 68030

Hey MacRumors, I'm not sure why this is so hard to find or if this feature isn't available, but here it goes...

I am looking for a way to backup an exact image clone of my iPhone on my computer or some cloud service... My iPhone is just about using all of it's 32GBs of storage, and have a lot of important things on it, a lot of it WITHIN applications (such as messages within messaging apps, etc., saved games within games, etc.).

Is there a way to do this? I would very much appreciate any help. Thank you!

2. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

The ability to image your device might exist if your device is jailbroken. If not, then you are almost out of luck. The way app stores data inside app also largely affects how data is backed up.
    iCloud does not backup everything, so does iTunes backup. For example: I have a game with large amounts of downloaded data on device. But when doing iCloud backup, those are discarded.

3. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

Your best bet is backup on iTunes, with encryption option selected.

4. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

5. TSE thread starter macrumors 68030

Will backing up on iTunes save my messages in WeChat, for example?

Thanks guys for the help!

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 601

Gathomblipoob

There's no nandroid backup option like on Android. The nandroid backup is one of my favorite things about Android (when I use an Android phone).

7. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

My limited backup experience tells me it is possible to keep wechat messages in backup. I use both iTunes and iCloud for backup.

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

iTunes encrypted backup saves everything. Including passwords.

9. silverblack macrumors 68030

silverblack

^^^ *almost* everything. I encountered lost app data of certain apps with encrypted iTunes backup. The issue stemmed from the apps themselves, hence it was an isolated problem.