How to create own free domain email?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by macOSXpg, Feb 2, 2009.

1. macOSXpg macrumors newbie

I have got a domain registered on Godaddy and got my website published. now i want a separate email account for my site. The form of the email should be
    name@mydomain.com

Is this arrangement possible in godaddy, if so, how??

thanks

2. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

By default when you buy a domain name from them, all you get is the name. For email, you need to purchase an address:

http://www.godaddy.com/gdshop/email/personal.asp?ci=9020

Looks like 1.19 / month is the cheapest rate they have. Don't forget to google "godaddy coupon codes"!

I have a few domains with them; at one point I did get "credits" for a free products here and there, but not sure if they still have that or not. Log in with your username/password and click on "manage account." It should tell you if you there...

--rob

3. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

At one point, godaddy was offering free email forwarding with a domain name (I still get forwarding free . . . )

You have to "purchase" it, IIRC, which basically means activating it for free. Then you can set it to forward to whatever email you use. You can set that email to use your domain as the reply to address (in mail, entourage, and many webmail apps).

4. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

5. drlunanerd macrumors 65816

drlunanerd

Nope.

6. ksmith80209 macrumors 6502a

Interesting... Are the ads on the webmail page or do they get inserted into the sent/receive email (god - I hope not...)?

7. macOSXpg thread starter macrumors newbie

The google apps sounds like a great idea to setup own domain email and its free. Will the standard edition sign up allow me to have the email in the form name@mydomain.com

Does it act as any other normal personal emails such as yahoo or hotmail?

thanks for your help

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If you take the time to read the information at GoDaddy.com, it will probably answer all your questions.

9. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Yes it does:
    I have 2 domains registered at GoDaddy with all the email running via google apps.
    eg.
    xyz@myowndomain1.com
    swyx@myowndomain2.com
    Once you have verified you own the domain, CName and MX records you are ready to go.

IMAP also works smoothly on the iPhone and Mac Mail.
    Works fine and as close to "free" as you'll get. ;)