How to create PDF's with links on my Mac??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by sn0warmy, Aug 3, 2009.

1. sn0warmy macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I'm completely lost on how to create PDF's with links on my Mac. I have Adobe Acrobat Professional 9.0 installed but it will not open a word document and allow me to convert it to PDF. And when I open the word document in Word and save it as PDF, the links don't get saved.

Anyone familiar with a way for me to accomplish this task?

On a PC all you have to do is open the document in Word and save it as a PDF using Abobe's Acrobat plugin and it saves with the links attached.

2. pit29 macrumors 6502a

pit29

You should probably have an Adobe PDF print driver. Check if it's installed, and try printing from Word using that printer to get a pdf (not OS X's "Save as pdf" which is also found in a print dialog box). Cannot test it right now, but that's how I'd go...

3. devburke Guest

I can't say for sure this works for Word, because I don't have it to try, but it should. In OS X, anything that can be printed can easily be saved as a PDF with this easy method (which I just tried in Safari and the links did work):

Go to the print dialogue

Picture 1.png

Click the PDF button in the lower left

Picture 2.png

And as you can see, you get a lot of different options there. The one you probably usually want it Save as PDF

4. sn0warmy thread starter macrumors 6502a

sn0warmy

I actually figured out how to edit the PDF in Acrobat Reader to insert hyperlinks that way.

The way you guys are describing works for creating standard PDF's but not PDF's with hyperlinks attached.

Thanks for taking the time to respond though.