Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markcres

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
UK
Hi folks,

I want to create a video podcast that is a blend of several elements:

Introductory podcast graphic and music (already have mp3 and jpg files) then
Keynote presentation (already recorded with Profcast) then
Screencast recording (already recorded with IshowU HD) then
Final static image with closing music (already have mp3 and jpg files)

So I have already created several video and audio files with other apps - and I want the freedom to dub some video clips with additional narration (voiceover)

My question is.. what software would allow me to blend these elements together and create a final video podcast file to deploy with my copy of Lemonzdream podcast software??

I need something that handles video/audio/audio dubbing - and it must be fairly idiot-proof to use and not cost too much !!

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

p.s: I have 3-month old MacBook with latest iLife and iWork installed- and proper microphone with usb audio in

bmb012

macrumors 6502
Jul 25, 2006
Final Cut Express, I'd imagine. I used to be able to work some magic with the older iMovie, but I'm not sure about the current one. I'd look into Final Cut Express, it's a reasonable price ($150 I believe?) for the sheer power of the thing.

markcres

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
UK
Final Cut Express, I'd imagine. I used to be able to work some magic with the older iMovie, but I'm not sure about the current one. I'd look into Final Cut Express, it's a reasonable price ($150 I believe?) for the sheer power of the thing.

Thanks for the advice...I should be able to get that at a reduced price through my university.

Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.