How to create shared photo stream on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by dojoman, Sep 20, 2012.

1. dojoman macrumors 65816

I can't make photo stream to work on my iPhone. iPad has an option under Photos & Camera called Shared Photostream but it's not available in iPhone. Am I missing something?

2. kirky29 macrumors 65816

kirky29

Can you press the share option on a photo, then photostream and make a new one?

Attached Files:

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Go to your pictures, go to Photo Stream tab at the bottom. Then hit the "+" to add a Photo Stream.

4. BFG86 macrumors 6502

You have to turn shared photo streams on first under settings -> photos & camera

5. dojoman thread starter macrumors 65816

This is weird I don't see photostream when I press shared or there's an option to turn it on under Settings -> Photos & Camera. What am I missing???

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. BFG86 macrumors 6502

turn my photo stream on and then the shared photo streams option should appear

7. dojoman thread starter macrumors 65816

Ok I got it working. This happens when I updated to iOS 6 and I skipped signing in to iCloud. Apparently there's a new terms of agreement from Apple that I passed and somehow this turns off Shared Photostream. I deleted iCloud account and re entering fixes it.

8. Johnnodrums macrumors newbie

How I solved it "can't find shared photostream on iPhone"

Here is how I fixed it... Go to setting-->iCloud-->photostream and make sure both "my photo stream" and "shared photo streams"

Attached Files:

9. JoeShades macrumors 6502a

what about the apple tv? i thought it was supposed to have shared photo streams

10. BobVB macrumors 6502a

BobVB

My problem is it all the people I want to share with won't accept it because they don't want to have their Apple ID exposed. Thinking about it I never share mine either, using alias emails only.