How To Create This Effect...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by acearchie, Apr 24, 2010.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

I have recently purchased Viveza 2 and am very happy with it as it is helping me make the majority of changes to my pictures that I want much faster than how I did it before.

However, there is now an effect that I wish to achieve.

When using the U-Point technology there is a sort of mix of keying and manual selection going on which when soloed creates a really cool image on some pictures.

I don't think I have explained myself very clearly but basically I would like to achieve this image:

[​IMG]

From this one:

[​IMG]

If someone knows how to do this in photoshop it would be a great help as I would like to create a high res version of this image!

Thanks

2. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Some other examples if anyone has a clue....

From this:

[​IMG]

To this:

[​IMG]

Thanks for the help!

3. rattydog macrumors newbie

You could try to use radial gradients with Layer Masks on aspects such as Contrast or Curves. Attached is a quickie.

I boosted the overall exposure first and then added and B/W Layer mask that allowed me to darken the girl in the red channel most specifically and then two duplicate radial gradient Contrast masks set to normal.

Attached Files:

4. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

Thanks so much for this help! I think I have pretty much nailed the effect.
    However, this is only really good for creating the perfectly round gradients!

If anyone has any further tips on really mastering the effect I would be most grateful!

Thanks again!