How to Crop a Video?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by FrenzyBanana, Oct 17, 2008.

1. FrenzyBanana macrumors regular

[​IMG]

i want to remove the black thingy on the left and right side of the video (and the upper and lower part if needed)
    i use the masking stuff on quicktime pro but when i play the video on ipod it backs to normal

any advice?

2. theimacdude macrumors member

theimacdude

Download iMovie 06' (that is presuming you havn't got it) from here: http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/imovieHD6.html

Once that is done, Import the video. ( A quick way to import video is to do this; save an empty project on the desktop, exit iMovie, and control+click [right click] on the file and click "show package contents" when there, open the media folder and put your clip inside of it, you might want to make another copy of the clip and put the copy in there, then open up the project, and iMovie will ask if you want to view the trash, say yes, and your clip will be there, drag it onto one of the clip tray thing and there we go!) Drag it into the time line, and select the clip, go over to the right of iMovie and click editing. Click Video FX In the top right corner. Now look for the letterbox effect. Now play around with the sliders, until you think you have it right. Now you can export the clip, save it as MP4 if you want it to go on your iPod.
    Hope I could help!