How to Customize Default Replies on Apple Watch

Discussion in 'Guides, How Tos and Reviews' started by MacRumors, Oct 16, 2015.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

On the Apple Watch, there are Mail and Messages app features that make it possible for you to actually respond to email and messages right from Apple Watch. Apple Watch owners can use voice dictation, send an emoji, or respond with a preset default reply to an incoming message or email without the need to open up a phone.

[​IMG]

Apple provides room for about 20 default replies for Messages and about a dozen for Mail. Facebook provides six. You are not confined to the premade responses, however, and you can customize them to say whatever you'd like.

We've got a quick tutorial explaining how to customize your quick responses to fit your personality. The steps are very similar for customizing default responses in all three apps.

[​IMG]

1. On iPhone, open the Apple Watch app and navigate to the My Watch tab.
    2. Select Messages from the menu.
    3. Tap "Default Replies."
    4. Tap a premade response and replace it with your own.
    [​IMG]

Click here to read more...

Article Link: How to Customize Default Replies on Apple Watch

2. ButteryScrollin macrumors 6502a

wow, i had no idea you could do this. Really wanted to change some of these.

3. fitshaced macrumors 68000

fitshaced

Fatty McFarty has been waiting for this day. She'll be pleased.

4. Benjamin Frost Suspended

Benjamin Frost

Great feature.

Just wish the watch was round instead of blocky. I'd prefer it to be a hybrid mechanical watch with a digital overlay when needed.

5. Parasprite macrumors 68000

Parasprite

I can't imagine being able to use that much data on Sprint.

6. arubinst macrumors 6502

How about changing default replies for other languages. My iPhone interface is configured to work in English but I usually also reply to messages and email in Spanish and French. However, the Watch app only gives me the option to edit the English default replies list.

Any way to change those without having to reconfigure the whole phone to another language?

7. laurim macrumors 68000

laurim

I was surprised that the Watch can extract possible answers from a text and puts them in the quick responses. A guy texted me to ask if I was using a 21" or 27" iMac and in the instant responses included "21"" and "27"" so all I had to do was touch "27"". I thought that was pretty cool!

8. SlipperySlop Suspended

I think you have the wrong thread. But since you asked, I hate round watches. My previous watches with rectangular and I'm so glad the Apple Watch is. I wouldn't have gotten if it was round.

9. nuwa0007 macrumors newbie

I also need to ask this question, looking forward to be answered