Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DennyMac

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2011
Upgrade the ram to 8GB. Install an SSD as the primary and move the 750 HDD to the optibay.

That's what I'm doing with mine. I'm still waiting for the SSD to arrive from FED EX.

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
computer-choppers-gold-macbook-pro.jpg

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
ok so i dloaded geek tool pretty cool :) anyone know now cool geeklets, and whats the grey divider sorta thing thing at the bottom ? AND some cool bowtie themes :D thanks alot

Attachments

• lol.png
    lol.png
    314.6 KB · Views: 151

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
lol no not likw that, please refer to the post i did before :)

NeonGreenHermit

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
UK
so what if i would like it to look good ? ive bought the 8gb ram, ssd are way to expensive for the capacity i need, id like to experiment......

No, nothing wrong, just it sorta blows my mind when people buy MB's to parade around Starbucks. It shouldn't really surprise me by now, but it's your money / ego, so go for it.

If I've got the wrong end of the stick and you got one for an actual use rather than aesthetics, let us know what those purposes are and we'd probably be able to suggest some nifty apps to improve whatever it is that you intend to do. I'm not being hostile, just curious, so chill.

Zeroh

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 29, 2011
U had a fair point and I didn't mean for it sound rude, and I jus like stuff like bowtie and geektool pretty cool things and I just like to explore with new things :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.