How to Deal w/ Customer Service Advice

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by sikkinixx, Sep 7, 2007.

1. sikkinixx macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

I'll try to make a long story brief.

Last December I bought a nice little 19" Samsung LCD TV. I loved it.

In April the component port went FUBAR (it displayed everything in pink) so I got a replacement with no hassle. All was well.

A few weeks ago, after not using the VGA for a long time, I go to use it and the same pinky problem all over again though this time on VGA not Component. I call customer service and this time I get a bit of hassle but end up getting a replacement shipped to me.

Over 2 weeks later I get my replacement TV (even though they said 2 to 3 business days but whatever, I let that slide) I open the box and its the NEWER version of the TV, not the one I had, as well as it being white not black like I bought. I might be able to let the colour go, although the white is really quite ugly, but this newer version of the TV just sucks. the colour quality is awful, everything is WAY too dark and maxing up brightness just washes everything out.

So how should I go about dealing with a return? They don't make the model I bought any longer so it is doubtful I will be able to get the original model again. Should I ask if they have another line that would be an adequate replacement? Should I hit them up for the bigger model (23")? (since I know the picture quality on that model is good as a friend has one)

I don't want to seem unreasonable and have them decide to say "tough" but at the same time I don't wanna be stuck with something I wouldn't have bought in the first place.

2. r1ch4rd macrumors 6502a

r1ch4rd

I don't think you are being unreasonable. You didn't buy the TV you have and you should be entitled to the picture quality you payed for when you bought it. The problem you are going to have is that the people on the phone at Samsung (I assume it is them you are dealing with and not the shop you bought from) are not actually going to know much about the televisions they are dealing with. It seems that companies are too busy making money to bother training staff these days. You might need to speak to someone with some more power, if you don't get what you want from the first person you speak to you should speak to their manager (and even their managers manager if needed). It's not acceptable that they give you an inferior product especially after your original was defective. You should mention the delayed shipping and the fact that you have had problems before. I wish you good luck, you are going to need it.

3. sikkinixx thread starter macrumors 68020

sikkinixx

^ thanks for the advice. I hate dealing with customer service of any kind since like you said, most people don't know the products they are representing which makes life a lot harder than it should be.

I just gotta keep calm since last time this type of situation happened I was on the verge of screaming at the Apple support person :eek: