How to deal with an invisishield and a bumper

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mike84, Jul 9, 2010.

1. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

So, I have a zagg invisishield installed and I have the griffin reveal bumper with the hard plastic in the back. Unfortunately, the bumper keeps on rubbing off and getting the zagg shield to peel off. I have reapplied the shield, but this just doesn't stop. I attempted to get the bumper to go over the shield when I put it on, but it eventually finds its way in pushing it off.

Any suggestions?

2. impulse77 macrumors member

impulse77

Did you use the Wet or Dry Shield?

3. Mike84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

The one you have to wet to apply, so the wet.

4. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

I believe the bumper is milled to such tolerances that you can not use the front and back shields. That was my experience any way...

5. MUBiomed macrumors 6502

MUBiomed

I am using the invisible shield full body until incase comes out with a (hopefully slider) case for the iPhone 4. I admit I am pretty disappointed at how long it has taken them, but I can't just walk away...they make some of the best 3G/3GS cases I have ever owned. Supposedly they are going to be available to buy by the end of the month....

6. zerostar macrumors regular

I had to let the invisible shield dry for about 3 days before installing the bumper.... if yours isn't sticking in those edge/peeled up spots anymore I would go to zagg.com and request a replacement (save your old set you have to mail them back). Get it, install and let it dry for 3 days before putting the bumper back on.

I couldn't be happier with this setup... well unless it was a smoother shield (less orange peel), but I don't think any of those offer free lifetime replacements do they? Might get a power support front/back when they come out to test it.

7. zerostar macrumors regular

Loved my slider(s) for my 3G!!! Hopefully they are taking their time and making the iPhone 4 cases really slick.

8. army91c macrumors 6502a

9. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

he doesn't have a bumper. not sure why he said bumper.

it's the griffin reveal case

[​IMG]

10. bassguy macrumors newbie

I had this case on my phone with the zagg from launch day. Worked great, didn't peel up for me at all. I ordered the bumper and finally received it the other day. When I tried to take the griffin off it took the back invisishield with it. Was pretty ugly, luckily I had bought it and had it installed at bb and they quickly put a new back shield on. Waited 12 hours and put the real bumper on, couldn't be happier now.

11. Givmeabrek macrumors 68040

Givmeabrek

The bumper is a problem with all front protectors. I have the bodyguardz and it is just as bad maybe worse. The adhesive isn't as strong as the IS and it pops up very easily. If I put another one on I will trim the shield before putting it on. That would be the only solution. As soon as someone makes a shield slightly smaller all the way around it would be a perfect solution.

12. HotRod248 macrumors newbie

Bodyguardz actually comes with lifetime replacements. I dont know if you can consider it free if they charge $4.95 but i think thats just for processing and shipping.

13. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

I have used Zagg shields for a few years. I firmly believe in them. I am currently using a full body shield and a apple bumper on mine and my wife's IP4. I've had no issues. And I was able to install the bumper very soon after the shield installation.

I recommend:
    Install Zagg shield. 
    Let it dry for a few hours. A day if you want. 
    Install Bumper/case. But right before wet the Zagg shield on the outside. So the bumper/case installs easier.

It depends on the tightness of the case I suppose.  

But remember, you can get unlimited Zagg replacements. You have to send old one back so don't throw it out. And on a side note. Zagg shields are not supposed to be replaced due to "installation error". So they always need to be replaced because they were damaged during "protection". 

14. Airmark1 macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

BTW. trimming the Shield, AKA modifying, voids the warranty. Lame but true. You may get a nasty gram if you turn in a modified shield. I've done it many times. The full body 3GS full was in need of trimming for my ease of instalation.

15. At0m1cPunk macrumors newbie

I am using ZAGG IS on the front and back with the official Apple bumper. No issues. I put the bumper on shortly after applying the ZAGG IS.

16. cirial macrumors regular

I'm using the official apple bumper along with front and back screen protectors I bought off ebay with absolutely no troubles. I always wonder why you guys HAVE to get these things from the companies that are charging $20+. I got 2 sets for $3.99 and free shipping. Buy some new ones