How to deal with title in Handbrake?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chris650, Oct 21, 2010.

1. chris650 macrumors regular

Most of my educational DVD are in ISO format. As Handbrake sees it, each lecture on the disk is one title, and it converts one title to a destinationfile at a time.

How do I convert the entire disk (iso file) to one file in Handbrake?chris650

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

You can't, you can add one title to the Queue and then add another title and so on and transcode only per title, but Handbrake will not join all files into one. You might be able to use another application to join them. Maybe QT X can help you with that, or even iMovie.

3. chris650 thread starter macrumors regular

Do you know if iMovie do transcoding from ISO file? and do batch or queue?

4. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It will not do any of those.

Btw, .iso is not a video format/container, it is a format to store an image of a CD or DVD inside to burn further CDs or DVDs from it.

Does that mean, you have a DVD with an .iso file on it or you have an .iso file containing the video DVD (Video_TS/Audio_TS folders)?

And iMovie will not work with .vob files either, you need to transcode the material to either .mov (via MPEG Streamclip and the QT MPEG-2 Playback Component) or .mp4 (using H264 as a codec via Handbrake), but the .mp4 format is not ideal.

5. rusty2192 macrumors 6502a

I don't know if QuickTime X will do this, but I know QT 7 will. I ripped a DVD that was a two disk set (part of the movie on each disk) and used QT 7 to join the two MP4 files. I think this may have saved it as a .mov file. You can install it from Snow Leopard install disk if you have it. Maybe on the regular restore disk if your computer came with SL?

6. chris650 thread starter macrumors regular

Ok. My issue is that I only have ISO files.... the dvd are stored somewhere else.

Now, how do I transconde one iso file (with several titles within) to one file that can be used by airvideo, etc.????

7. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

never done it, but you can decode each title into separate m4v's and then stitch them in imovie.

8. chris650 thread starter macrumors regular

wow, any easier and direct way????

9. chris650 thread starter macrumors regular

there has got to be a more direct, simple way to do this batch job

10. chris650 thread starter macrumors regular