How to debug a random walk

Discussion in 'Mac Programming' started by lazydog, Jul 24, 2008.

1. lazydog macrumors 6502a

Hi

I have this really annoying and distracting bug with a random walk... it's crawling on the underside of the lcd screen. Any ideas how to get it out? I thought I cracked it. I drew in Photoshop a black path with red walls leading to the edge of the screen. It worked but it's come back now and ignoring the path completely.

b e n

2. iSee macrumors 68040

iSee

I've encountered this before... Go to bed for about 24hrs, and you won't see the bug anymore. :D

3. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

... am I missing something here??? ... I don't get it...

4. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Tell some Mac jokes. Mac jokes aren't PC, so it might get offended and leave.

5. lazydog thread starter macrumors 6502a

It looks like this

[​IMG]

but... thankfully... not as big. It's been wandering around for hours now!

b e n

EDIT: I just noticed a second one wandering around. I'm thinking this isn't good.. I then click on Safari to bring the window into view, and for a moment, the animated bug in my post fools me into thinking I've got a third, but much bigger! A bit of a nasty shock it was :eek: :lol:

6. zedLondon macrumors member

You have been sitting at the screen too long :)

When i read the title i thought you were having trouble coding a brownian motion or something

7. lazydog thread starter macrumors 6502a

True… but it has been entertaining.

Sorry to have dissapointed you!

b e n

8. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

so... you're seeing things? Or Apple added some little bug thing? Or you have some program installed that does that? Or an actual bug got under your screen? :D
    :confused::eek:

9. lazydog thread starter macrumors 6502a

:lol: I know I have more bugs in my code than most people, but to watch them crawl around lines of code is... um a bit strange.

Liptonlover, yes they are real bugs, small flies in fact. I feel sorry for them though, if I could help them out I would. One kept trying to fly. It would spread its wings and jump up, only to hit the the screen. It did it about 10 times before giving up and setting off on another random walk across the screen. I don't know how they got in there, but I hope in the morning they're gone. What's weird though is that it looks like they actually walk under the pixels, not on top.

b e n

10. liptonlover macrumors 6502a

<_< answer sarcasm with sarcasm... that's it. :D