How to decide the best Spigen case for iPhone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Cape Dave, Oct 4, 2014.

1. Cape Dave macrumors 68000

It looks like about 3 would do well, but where can I go to actually SEE them?

I cannot find any retail outlets for Spigen.

Thanks, Dave

2. cjrzasa macrumors member

Which ones were you wondering about? You probably won't find them in a retaik store at least to my knowledge. I'd be happy to share my experieces though if you like. I have a neo hybrid and a tough armor case for my 6 plus. Both are really solid for what I paid (about 15 bucks apiece on Amazon directly from spigen)

3. Cape Dave thread starter macrumors 68000

1. Neo Metal Hybrid. Looks way cool.

2. iPhone 6 Case Tough Armor S (4.7)

3. Neo Metal Hybrid EX metal

4. Neo Hybrid

5. iPhone 6 Case Slim Armor (4.7)

As you can see, they have alot of cases. Hard to know how each will feel.

I guess I could go with my default OtterBox Commuter, but thought I might try something different and Spigen looks like they know their way around an iPhone case for sure.

Thanks for any assistance. I think I am up against it here. Why no retail???

WOW, I just looked at Amazon. Sweet prices! I can order two :)

4. hwalt22 macrumors newbie

Get the neo hybrid without the apple cutout. I've gotten tons of complements on it and it is very functional. But I have no idea where to find them, I ordered from amazon

5. wesk702 macrumors 68000

wesk702

I have the slim Spigen from Amazon. It literally feels like there is no case on. People at work ask me, "aren't you goin to put a case on it?"

If you want scratch protection with an absolute naked feel get the slim one. It's like only $10 on Amazon and only 0.4mm thick. More grip than the slippery naked feels.
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LXIBPMU/ref=twister_B00LVUPVM0

6. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

I have this one for my iPhone 6. Also, have the tempered glass on it too.

7. Cape Dave thread starter macrumors 68000

I just ordered this same one (above) from Amazon. Figured for the price at least I will have a case when the phone comes next week.

Thanks for all your help!

Dave

8. JPNFRK7 macrumors 6502a

JPNFRK7

I have had the Slim Armor S for about a year now on my iPhone 5 and it is a great case. Doesn't add to much bulk to the phone and is comfortable to hold. As the reviews say online, the back colored plastic does scratch easily but I don't mind since it is supposed to take the abuse off the phone.

My mom had one of their two piece bumper cases on her iPhone 5S. It lasted about 3 months before it stretched out a bit and didn't really fit her phone.

My Dad has the Tough Armor case on his iPhone 5S and is happy with it. Same experience that I have had with my Slim Armor S. Spigen makes good stuff.

9. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

What is a TPU case, is the inside that makes contact with the phone itself a "microfiber" like feel like the insides of the leather case from Apple? Or is it more like a silicone/rubbery feel? The case looks pretty thin.. and pretty

10. trek360 macrumors 6502

I like the neo hybrid for a good combination of protection, thin-ness, and looks. <$20 on amazon.

11. trek360 macrumors 6502

TPU is a mixture of a hard plastic and silicon feel. There is some flex to the empty case but with the phone in it, it feels sturdy. The inside had a design that feels more microfiber-y. It slides well in and out of my pocket. I also like the protection of the bottom ports compared to their slim case. That's why I felt the neo hybrid was the best combination of factors for me.

12. jerparker1 macrumors regular

jerparker1

I also have the Slim Armour and like it a lot! Buttons are very easy to push and doesn't add a lot of bulk. I just ordered the Neo Hybrid Metal. Still waiting on that to arrive.

13. cjrzasa macrumors member

I think I'm going to pick up a neo metal hybrid and a slim but the tough armor and neo hybrid I have are awesome. I had a slim for my 5/5s and loved it so I stuck with spigen for my 6 plus. I travel a lot within my state for work so I use the tough armor during the week and the new hybrid on the weekends.

Supposedly the tough armor is supposed to be just as good as otter boxes so for 15-18 bucks you can't beat the price. Now im just waiting on my glas. screen protector.

14. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

[​IMG]

The Neo Hybrid in Slate is gorgeous, but having experienced other iPhone 6 cases now it is a little bit bigger than it should be. I'm hoping that now that Spigen has seen actual Apple product, they will make an updated version that is as thin as the old Neo line was for the iPhone 5.

BJ

15. irod87 macrumors regular

I have the neo hybrid metal. Really nice case but the metal does bring down the signal. I may add a non metal version to the mix.

16. Marcus72 macrumors member

Anybody use glass screen with the Spigen? if yes what brand?

17. inf macrumors 6502

inf

I was really disappointed by the fact that Spigen changed the material of the backside of the case. Now it is made from a slippery plastic versus the little grippier soft material from the 5/5S version of cases.

Shame really. I have neo hybrid and the Apple case and the Apple case is much nicer in hand, it's not grippy either but has a better feel than the slippery Neo Hybrid

18. boltjames macrumors 601

boltjames

[​IMG]

I was a huge Apple bumper fan with the iPhone 4, and when they dropped it with the 5 it was Spigen that came to my rescue with the Neo Hybrid EX. The frame had great grip, the color matched Slate perfectly, squared off design assured no slippage.

Flash foward to the iPhone 6 and that same Spigen bumper is a letdown, they simply made the case too wide and the band too slippery. I went with the Neo Hybrid (non-EX) with the rubberized back because it looks better and grips better, but its still too wide. Thing is, on the 4 or the 5 you could use one hand to navigate quite easily, room to spare. But with the oversized 6 you need every millimeter to hold the thing properly, even the slightest extra width beyond the Apple leather case becomes unwieldy.

I think I'm going to stick with the Apple leather case until Spigen decides to to an update that makes all their Neo cases a) thinner and b) more grippy. Not to mention c) color matching- they have no answer for Space Grey. Gunmetal is too light, Slate is too dark.

BJ