How to default untick relaunching applications when shutdown

cl0ud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Hi,

If I want to reboot/shutdown my system, I want the option "Reopen Windows when login" to be ticked off by default. I ticked off the option under System Preferences>General already but whenever I click Restart/Shutdown, there is another option like Resume ticked on again. This makes shutting down or restarting slower if you just want a clean system restart.

Anyone know how?

revenent

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2008
Hi,

If I want to reboot/shutdown my system, I want the option "Reopen Windows when login" to be ticked off by default. I ticked off the option under System Preferences>General already but whenever I click Restart/Shutdown, there is another option like Resume ticked on again. This makes shutting down or restarting slower if you just want a clean system restart.

Anyone know how?
Are you referring to System Preference > Untick "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps".

cl0ud

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Are you referring to System Preference > Untick "Restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps".
This option is located General under System PReferences, I unticked that one, but if you click Shutdown/Restart you see another option ticked everytime its called " Reopen Windows when logging back in" WHich relaunches same apps/windows like you left it. Which I want to untick by default. As I dont want anything being relaunched when I shut it down or restart.

mrapplegate

macrumors 68030
Feb 26, 2011
Cincinnati, OH
This option is located General under System PReferences, I unticked that one, but if you click Shutdown/Restart you see another option ticked everytime its called " Reopen Windows when logging back in" WHich relaunches same apps/windows like you left it. Which I want to untick by default. As I dont want anything being relaunched when I shut it down or restart.
The one on restart is a known bug. If you uncheck it, it will not stay unchecked the next time you reboot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.