How to delete a duplicate photo from my camera roll or screen shots

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AddisonIII, Oct 15, 2015.

1. AddisonIII macrumors regular

I have an iPad Air 2 running iOS 9.0.2 and can't figure out a way to delete a duplicate picture. This happen when I take a screen shot which in turn places a copy in both the camera roll and screen shot folder. I see no reason to keep two copies or loose the space the second copy takes up. When I tried to delete from either location, the picture is deleted from both locations.
    Can someone tell me if it's possible to delete just one?

2. a7thton macrumors member

a7thton

There really isn't two copies of the photo. It just shows up in 2 folders. It is not taking up extra space.

I assume you are seeing the photo in the "all photos" folder AND the screen shots folder. This is normal and I don't think there is a way to change it.

EDIT: Also, you cannot just "delete one" since, technically, there is *only* one.

3. rigormortis macrumors 68000

rigormortis

I've been having a problem with iTunes sticking duplicates like videos on my iPhone and one has a trash canand the other does not have a trash can, because it was synced to it. it looked like the duplicates were being synced to other. i gave up trying to fix it and switched to iCloud photo library

they were both in the video folder

4. AddisonIII thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your reply...it jus seems so odd for the same photo to show in both sections. I would think if a person had very many pictures in the screen shot folder it could end up taking a large part of available space.