How to delete a thread that I started...

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by levster, Dec 10, 2008.

1. levster macrumors newbie

How can I delete a thread that I started. Is this even possible...

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Report it to a moderator using this ([​IMG]) button to the left of your post, with the reason you wish it to be closed.

They'll take care of it.

3. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

I have always wondered, can threads not be deleted and only be closed, or can the mods just make them go poof and disappear?

4. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Yes, as spam threads often are (at least from the point of view of us mere mortals; I'm sure they're still visible to mods/admins).

5. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

The way I understand it is that threads that are "deleted" are still around we just don't ever see them again.

6. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

We can do both, depending on what the type of thread it is. Spam and duplicate threads tend to get deleted, useless threads tend to get moved to the Wasteland... and threads that have come to a useful end, usually through flamewars and anything that causes us work, tend to get locked with a message.

7. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Is it possible to delete an individual post within a thread. I know it can be edited, but can it be completely deleted by the poster?

8. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

No, it can not.

9. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

If you want to delete one of your posts, please report the post and ask that it be deleted. Some members think they are bothering us to make such requests, but we much prefer to remove an unwanted post than to see users editing their posts to say "mods please delete" or "never mind" or "oops, duplicate post". We won't necessarily see your post if you leave messages like that in the post without reporting it, and everyone else continues to see it when they read the thread. Report it, we'll remove it, and everyone will benefit!