How to Delete Albums on iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Love-My-Mac, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Love-My-Mac macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Current Software Version: 6.1.3
    iTunes version: 11.0.3
    System: Mac OS X Version 10.7.5

I have been unable to delete photos in albums and/or the Albums on my iPhone.
    In the Apple installed 'Photos' app, I have a 'Camera Roll' and I can freely add pictures, delete pictures and move them to iPhoto.
    The Albums I have no control over are pictures in the 'Photo Library' 'Videos' and 'Pictures'.
    I have tried almost everything with the exception of taking my phone back to factory setting and loosing everything. These pictures in these albums are ALL duplicates-I have only 185 pics and and is taking up space. There are 1,070 photos in Albums I can not delete.
    There was a similar question previously in April, but none of the help in that thread was of any help.
    Thank you so much,
    K

2. Troneas, Jun 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2013

Troneas macrumors 65816

Troneas

you cannot delete Photo Library or any default album, such as Camera Roll. only those you create can be removed.

what you can do is delete photos in iPhoto in your Mac and then sync with itunes (make sure iPhoto is selected as well as "all albums, photos, events..." and so on.

whatever you sync with itunes will go into your Photo Library album in your phone.

the "Pictures" album you should be able to delete, though. I don't have that on my phone so I suspect it was created by you?

This is one of them very silly and inexplicable decisions by Apple in their endless quest to limit what you can do with the contents of your phone. Don't bother trying to Google a logical answer as to why you can't delete photos on your phone because there just isn't one.

3. andrewpturko macrumors regular

andrewpturko

If i'm understanding your question correctly, you should be able to resolve your issue by preforming these simple steps.

1. Open the settings app on your iOS device.

2. Tap General, then usage, and wait for the Apps to load.

3. Find the App Titled "Photos and Camera" and tap it.

4. There you'll see your main Albums. Of these main Albums, you can delete an entire Album by using the common 'swipe left' gesture.

Hope this helps!