how to delete gmail accounts in ipodtouch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by F.abz, Jun 29, 2010.

1. F.abz macrumors newbie

its only been a month a got this ipodtouch and m not able to delete these gmail ids to whom i sent sum mails..though i havnt added them in my freindlist they alwez cum up wen i try sending new mails..lyk say if the id starts 4m ''b'' then if m trying to typ an id 4m ''b'' then it cumz up..i badly wan2 delete those ids..nd they r only stuck in my ipod cuz i tryd signing in 4m my comp n delete them bt they dont appear...thy arnt stuck in my gmail thy r stuck in my ipod i guess:confused::confused:..pleaseee helpppp

2. markojug macrumors regular

Settings>Mail, Contacts, Calenders>~~~~@gmail.com>Scroll down and click Delete Account

One thing to remember, proper spelling and grammar helps :)

3. celticpride678

I can't even understand this post.

Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars and find your Gmail account. Click it and delete the account.

4. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I guess if I read carefully I could understand it, but please use at least somewhat proper grammar and spelling when your posting. :)

5. F.abz thread starter macrumors newbie

lolzz

lol okie guyz full spellings now...actually the thing is quite complicated ,i dont understand how to explain it..ok one last try..no no i m not talking about deleting my gmail from ipod..omg how can i even explain it...hmm ok..... i have saved my gmail id on the ipod..and i sent some mail from it..(i did not add that id to my freind list and it starts from the letter 'b')..now when i go to the mail (mail icon on my ipod and compose a mail) n tap on that ''TO'' option for sending a mail and if i type 'b' that id comes up..and i dont find any option to delete that id..

6. markojug macrumors regular

If that "b" email is stored on your iPod, go to contacts, find the person and delete it from there.

If not on your iPod, I believe you will have delete it from your computer.

7. androiphone macrumors 65816

I know what you mean, it is a silly thing that the ipod/iphone does remembers emails you have sent to but have not added to any contacts list anywhere, there is no way to stop it or delete them without restoring and setting up your ipod as new (on a mac under mail.app there is a setting to delete sent to addresses that can clear the 'not in contacts list' up but that doesnt always work)

it is just a really annoying and silly iOS thing that the ipod/iphone does, and apple should really add a simple turn off doing this switch somewhere or 'delete remembered emails' button.

8. F.abz thread starter macrumors newbie

hmm..

thankgod someone atleast understood the problem...so that meanz thats there is no other option than resetting the whole ipod...omg thats seriously pissing me off...but yeahh thankuu alll for d help

9. androiphone macrumors 65816

unfortunately yes only a reset can get rid of them, best option is if you need to send someone an email not in your address book then it's best to do it through gmail.com on the ipod therefore it's not sent through the ipod but through gmail and the email wouldnt be saved on the ipod, depending how often you send email like that it may become annoying, but the web gmail on the ipod is pretty good and you can bookmark it on your homescreen for easy access (click + in safari and click 'add to homescreen)

gmail in safari