Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fox777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
USA
I have Iphone 4 and use it to play music on my Kenwood stereo in my car. Everytime I connect my phone it gives me "Not made for Iphone" warning and tells me something about switching to airplane mode or otherwise there will be interference during call or some other BS like this.. Music plays fine and I can receive calls, txt no problem whatsoever.

Is it possible to simply delete this warning message somewhere in system files on iphone? Anyone cares to help me locate this file in iOS?

diegoesk

macrumors regular
Dec 19, 2010
I have Iphone 4 and use it to play music on my Kenwood stereo in my car. Everytime I connect my phone it gives me "Not made for Iphone" warning and tells me something about switching to airplane mode or otherwise there will be interference during call or some other BS like this.. Music plays fine and I can receive calls, txt no problem whatsoever.

Is it possible to simply delete this warning message somewhere in system files on iphone? Anyone cares to help me locate this file in iOS?

are you playing music from pandora/slacker thru your kenwood speakrs?

NathanA

macrumors 6502a
Feb 9, 2008
Yeah, isn't that dialog box annoying?

The easiest way to do it is to jailbreak, and then buy Resupported off of Cydia. Resupported's main goal is to allow you to use third-party video-out cables, but as a side-effect, it completely disables those nag screens whenever you plug your phone into external speakers.

I think there might be another app on Cydia that does this as well, but I can't remember what it is, or whether it is free or not.

Some people in the past have posted instructions on how to disable the background daemon that checks for devices that get plugged into the dock connector as a means of getting rid of the nag screen. Don't waste your time with these "solutions." Yeah, it will get rid of the nag screen. But the iPhone won't detect it's plugged into anything, either, so you've just managed to shoot yourself in the foot.

Because of this, I've come to the conclusion that you can't change the behavior of the iPhone simply by "deleting files" or disabling background services or daemons. It has to be patched out, either in the file or during runtime with a MobileSubstrate extension (like Resupported).

-- Nathan

fox777

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 11, 2008
USA
Yeah, isn't that dialog box annoying?

The easiest way to do it is to jailbreak, and then buy Resupported off of Cydia. Resupported's main goal is to allow you to use third-party video-out cables, but as a side-effect, it completely disables those nag screens whenever you plug your phone into external speakers.

I think there might be another app on Cydia that does this as well, but I can't remember what it is, or whether it is free or not.

Some people in the past have posted instructions on how to disable the background daemon that checks for devices that get plugged into the dock connector as a means of getting rid of the nag screen. Don't waste your time with these "solutions." Yeah, it will get rid of the nag screen. But the iPhone won't detect it's plugged into anything, either, so you've just managed to shoot yourself in the foot.

Because of this, I've come to the conclusion that you can't change the behavior of the iPhone simply by "deleting files" or disabling background services or daemons. It has to be patched out, either in the file or during runtime with a MobileSubstrate extension (like Resupported).

-- Nathan
Listen to this man ! Looks like he knows his stuff ! I'm gonna look into this Resupported thing since my phone is JBen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.