Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackwhite999

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Hi guys,
I'm try to installs win 10 tp efi with BCA, i have delete and create partition in windows install but not working, now i list disk and see much disk in my ssd pcie. How i can remove disk4 to disk16?
see screenshort
thanks
CuGAei.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
That looks like you are booted into recovery or an OS X installation. If so, you don't delete disk4-16. Those are system created logical disks that typically only show up only when you're booted in either install or recovery.

You're SSD isn't even listed, looks like the screen is cut off. What happened to disk0-3? Boot into your installed OS X and do a disk list. What's that report?

Reactions: blackwhite999

blackwhite999

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 2, 2011
Hi Marzer you are right, im boot in recovery and list dist. Disk0 to disk3 is my ssd and hdd external, now ssd pcie have many small partition, i dont know how can remove it. Small partition disk4 to disk16 show only in boot recovery, in os x havent show it

this is full disk list screen
CuGAei.jpg

That looks like you are booted into recovery or an OS X installation. If so, you don't delete disk4-16. Those are system created logical disks that typically only show up only when you're booted in either install or recovery.

You're SSD isn't even listed, looks like the screen is cut off. What happened to disk0-3? Boot into your installed OS X and do a disk list. What's that report?

Last edited:

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
Need help pls!!!

Your SSD PCIE is not showing many small partitions, and disk 0 to 3 are NOT your SSD and HDD. According to your disk listing, disk0 and disk1 are your physical disks inside the computer. I would assume you have two SSD installed in the computer. Nothing in that list shows you have anything connected to your computer large enough in capacity to be a modern HDD (unless it has a corrupted header/partition table).

Disk2 is likely a bootable install device, maybe a USB stick or SD card. Disk3 is the logical install image likely opened off disk2. Disk4 is also a logical image (part of the install system) likely opened off disk2. Disk5 thru 16 are system generated logical mount points that show up anytime you boot into an installation and (like I said already) can't be deleted. Once you boot into a standard install version of OS x those won't be there. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you are asking, there is nothing to be deleted according to your disk listing.

If you are trying to install windows, your best bet is to use boot camp to prep your system. There are workarounds to prepping your system manually (I've done it before) to install windows but those are often tedious and not always certain in outcome.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.