How to delete pending apple watch update?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by fezzzer, Dec 14, 2016.

1. fezzzer macrumors member

Hi guys,

I understand that Apple has pulled watchOS 3.1.1 - however the update is still showing in my 'Watch' app. If I go to 'Software update' it is still showing, even if I restart my phone. So i'm now worried that as soon as I charge my watch overnight, it will try and push the update to the watch and potentially brick it.

Does anyone have any ideas?

ps. Last night, I turned bluetooth off on my phone so it didn't push the update.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Not sure if it will update your watch without some kind of input from you but there is no way to delete it that I know of. Apple needs to like "suck it back" till they come out with the new one.

Sorry.

3. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

I wouldn't worry about it. The update was pulled from Apple's severs. And you could also use airplane mode if necessary.

4. xDKP macrumors 65816

xDKP

It's not going to be able to update - mine isn't anyway. Before each update, it will verify the software update even though it's already downloaded (mine is) and the verification fails at the moment

Attached Files:

5. fezzzer thread starter macrumors member

Thanks :) I'm just nervous as I have a 290 day activity streak (only lost it last time because my Apple Watch Sport screen fell out and took 2 weeks to replace :( )

6. Ffosse macrumors 6502a

I'm glad I've had no issues with my update like others on the forum.

7. woodynorman macrumors 6502

From watch app on the iPhone. settings>general>usage. You can delete it there

8. Restlesslegs macrumors member

Restlesslegs

Wow, thanks a lot!!! This is what I have been looking for...

9. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

Fortunately, not everyone has the update installed. But luckily it worked out for you.