Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrRudy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Hi guys!

Does anybody know how to delete all photos from Camera Roll at once? I find it rather dull deleting photos one by one, especially when photos in camera roll accumulate to hundreds. Probably there is a way to do it in iPhoto, but that doesn't suit me since I'm on Windows. Couldn't find a way to do it in Piccasa or iTunes, too. I've been thinking of the following:

- Is there software for Windows for that?
- Are there some iPhone apps that do the thing (from AppStore or JailBreak)?

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
When I plug my iPhone into my XP pc, up pops the camera wizard to ask me if I want to copy the photos to my PC. One of the options there is to delete the photos after copying. Works fine for me.

MrRudy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2008
Syncing photos with in WIndows XP wizard worked just fine.

Thank you guys! :)

BubbaDeJunio

macrumors newbie
Jul 8, 2009
Syncing photos with in WIndows XP wizard worked just fine.

Thank you guys! :)

There still seems to be something wrong in my case. The camera wizard does pop up just like you guys said and I checked the box. but when it actually tries to delete the pics, after deleting the first one, it gets hung up and eventually the iphone just restarts. this is incidentally the same thing that happens when I try to delete the pics by accessing them through 'My Computer'

any suggestions would really be appreciated

CAT YOGA

macrumors newbie
Jul 19, 2009
USA
can you delete the entire camera roll without syncing

Can you delete the entire camera roll without syncing or uploading them somewhere? What about if I have 900 pictures and I don't want to save any and I want to delete them all at once?
* I was told my IPhone doesn't work well if I have 900 photo's stored on the camera roll, which shocked me since I always hear how you can store 5,000 to 25,000 albums or dozens of full length movies, so I figured whats a few hundred pictures? Then again, I thought Milli Vanilli were good singers ... Shows you how little I know.

CodeGuru

macrumors newbie
Nov 26, 2010
Can you delete the entire camera roll without syncing or uploading them somewhere? What about if I have 900 pictures and I don't want to save any and I want to delete them all at once?
* I was told my IPhone doesn't work well if I have 900 photo's stored on the camera roll, which shocked me since I always hear how you can store 5,000 to 25,000 albums or dozens of full length movies, so I figured whats a few hundred pictures? Then again, I thought Milli Vanilli were good singers ... Shows you how little I know.

There is a little known application that comes with OS X called Image Capture. It will let you do this. Very useful app!

There is a little known application that comes with OS X called Image Capture. It will let you do this. Very useful app!

To delete items manually:
1. Connect your camera to your computer, and turn the camera on.
2. Select the camera in the Devices list at the left of the Image Capture window.
3. Select the items to delete, and then click Delete.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMacBookPro

macrumors 68020
May 9, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-gb; SonyEricssonX10i Build/2.0.A.0.504) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

or open the camera roll in Photos, tap the arrow on the top left, select all the images you want top delete then tap delete at the bottom.

jackslevin

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2011

2. Select the camera in the Devices list at the left of the Image Capture window.

Best answer on the web. Why can't other people make it this easy. Thanks a mill.

altimeter2992

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2012
Thanks!

Works like a charm! Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.